In other news. . .
- My preeclampsia results were normal!
- On an important note: In my faith, women often pray for their friends and family while in labor because it is said the prayers of a laboring woman are given special consideration. I dont know if this is true but I'm hoping it is and please know if I read your blog or know you read mine you're on my prayer list. If there's anyone who wants me to add them to the list or if there is a specific prayer please leave a comment.
- Thanks for your advice on baby showers! It was last minute and we're only giving people two weeks notice (It is next Sunday April 25) so I was hoping for maybe 8 people to show up but so far 20 people RSVPd which is pretty much everyone I invited. I'm touched and honored and am going to try my best to be at ease being the center of attention. I'm not used to that. I also feel weird not contributing to the event. I'm not used to people doing things for me and I think the hostesses want to kill me because I keep asking them to let me help.
- Speaking of baby showers, any ideas for a good hostess gift? I was thinking maybe a bath set from Origins (you know. . . shower?) but not sure. Ofcourse . . .
- I wonder if I'll go into labor before the party. Contractions continue to come and go. Some are painful and wrap around my body, some are period cramps, some are so mild I hardly notice and then there's the nightly someone is stabbing my cervix with a knitting needle pain. Im fine with little guy coming whenever he wants but I'd feel bad if he came right before the shower since they're working hard with very little time to put it together.
- With my two miscarriages, my body, like a bouncer, pushed them out astonishingly fast. This is why I'm so grateful to reach full term. I just wonder if now my uterus is so busy cuddling little guy we'll have to file eviction papers to get him out.
- As anxious as I am to meet him my dear friend and new mama reminded me I should enjoy these last few weeks too. I went to Karaoke on Monday with some girlfriends, we're going to a festival on Saturday with friends and doing a movie on the green. I'm trying to enjoy the time left instead of staring at the clock as it ticks down.
- And that nesting instinct I talked about previously? The one that led to me repainting the walls and smoothing our ceilings and cleaning behind the couch? It's gone. I am enjoying nothing more lately than sitting on the couch wallowing.
- And finally, since I'm full term, I thought I'd give you a pic of what I now resemble: