Monday, February 8, 2010

Braxton Hicks- Still hoping**

Last night as I slept I kept waking up feeling a little bit of pressure in my pelvic region. It could simply be constipation or gas, but that plus the uterine tightening that's continuing today plus the brown spotting yesterday all made me think I should call my doctor. I thought they'd dismiss it and put a red flag next to my name as the crazy person, but they are having me see them in a few hours. Hopefully its nothing.

**Updated: At the doctor's office when I went to change I saw that my spotting turned into pink spotting. The doctor said my cervix is closed and she can't figure out the source of the spotting but she is having a fFN test done. If its negative I think it means I won't go into labor during the next two weeks and if its positive she'll want me to go to the hospital for further testing. She said if its negative and I still see spotting tomorrow to have my MFM appointment pushed up so they can measure my cervix length. I should get the results of the test this evening or tomorrow morning.

*****Updated: The doctor just called and said the fFN test is negative! If spotting continues I'm to go to MFM and get an u/s of my cervix and she urged me not to ignore my symptoms. It's so hard to balance in my mind what is something to be concerned about, and what is just fear echoing in my mind. Hopefully the spotting stops and next Wednesday at my MFM they can measure a hard and closed cervix.

May. Cannot. Come. Fast. Enough.
Sigh

14 comments:

  1. I'll be thinking of you. Good luck and I hope they are just BH, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh K! I'm so sorry for the stress. =(

    Glad your doctor's able to see you! I'll be praying for you and hoping that these cramps/spotting episodes are nothing to worry about.
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you are getting checked out - make sure you update us!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping everything is well!

    - Molly
    http://www.roots-andwings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keeping my fingers crossed for you that all is well. I'll be thinking about you all day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh. Sorry for the stress, but so glad they're getting you right in for a bit of reassurance. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hoping with you......

    ReplyDelete
  8. That FFN test had darn well better come back negative tonight! I'd hate to have you spend another night worrying about the result.
    Hope you get to see your MFM soon too for reassurance that your cervix is still behaving. Those scans kept me sane for many a week in the second and early third trimesters.
    Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yea for a doctor who urged you not to ignore your symptoms!! i like it! hope the spotting clears up soon and baby boy stays in hybernation for a few more months.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I'm so sorry... so stressful! You are doing everything right and obviously have a good team of docs on your side. Rest up, drink water, and try to walk that fine line between being vigilant and going crazy. The negative fFN is a great sign, I bet your cervix is doing fine. I had that bright red bleeding at 25 weeks that was absolutely nothing (not related to my shortening cervix). I think us IF girls are just prone to this extra torture. Keep us posted, thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So stressful! I'm so sorry you're going through this, love - you are in my heart & prayers!

    Thank goodness your doctor is so responsive to you and that you are calling her whenever you have any worrying symtoms.

    I agree, that balance is hard - but you're doing absolutely the right thing in not downplaying it and in making sure that everything is checked out.

    BIG HUGS,
    Baraka

    ReplyDelete
  12. so glad your test was negative...and sorry for the stress of spotting and wondering and staying calm and worrying. remembering you and thanks for keeping us updated. with care, l

    ReplyDelete
  13. Way to go for your good doctor! I hope things continue to go smoothly and this is nothing to worry about.

    As far as being the crazy lady I've felt that way a lot, too. When my daughter was 7 mos. old she had a nasty virus and had a fever of 104. The oncall nurse didn't seem concerned and of course made me feel like an idiot for freaking out about the fever and wanting her to been seen asap. The art of bedside manner needs to be taught better in medical schools!! Keep us updated, you've got a lot of prayers for your family being said :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for the negative fFN!!! That is great news!

    ReplyDelete