Saturday, December 12, 2009

Watery Discharge

I woke up this morning with a sensation I hate feeling, that of a full wet feeling down there. I checked and it was clear watery discharge. Not enough to soak through, but enough to be quite, undeniably wet. I naturally panicked a bit but felt relieved after I changed underwear and it seemed to have gone away. Then as I cleaned the kitchen half an hour later, there was more. After frantic googling about amniotic fluid leaks I called my doctor who said its probably nothing but if I wanted I could go to my hospital's Labor and Delivery and have them take a look at the fluid and rule out amniotic fluid. Jack's not home right now, and he's not picking up his phone so for now I'm in a new underwear, drinking lots of fluid and hoping its just a new discharge I've never seen.

Part of me is annoyed with myself. I feel like I'm turning into a hypochondriac. But then the nurse didn't take it lightly, so I don't know. I really really hate this.

May seems so far away. I feel like I'm gestating an elephant.

6 comments:

  1. Although I've got the progesterone discharge still going on, I've had a couple days where it felt like there were gushes of watery discharge on top of the usual. I was anxious, but it did go away. And on the next scan, I had more fluid than ever.
    I hope yours is nothing too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping it's nothing. And definitely able to sympathize about hypochondriacism. Judging from this week I don't think I could make it even as far as you have without having a complete mental breakdown.

    FX for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Between weeks 1 and 22 I called and went in and got checked for anything that felt funny - I felt like they would think I was crazy but I did not care - I needed to be reassured - otherwise, the stress was too much.

    That being said, there have been a few times where my discharge has been heavier at times than others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys, the discharge definitely got less as the day wore on and there's very little now. I always looked forward all my life to being pregnant... I never was afraid of how big I'd get etc...... but I hate that all these fears make me just want to fast forward to seeing him. God willing it will happen soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You arent a freak. I had a lot of this and I actually got pH strips to check. It was always vaginal discharge and never amniotic fluid, but I needed to be sure. I would suggest getting some. It can stop calls to the doc and unneeded trips to L&D.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweetie,

    I hope everything is ok! A friend of mine went in recently thinking her water had broken and the midwife checked & said it was semen! Also, my midwife strongly suggested doing 200 Kegels a day (100 quick, 100 each for a count of 5-10) to help prevent urinary leakage.

    Stay hydrated and try to relax but definitely get it checked out if you're worried!!

    Love,
    Baraka

    ReplyDelete