Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Bon

It's been over a year since I discovered the world of IF bloggers and what an amazing support network there exists for one another going through the trials of infertility and loss. In this time I've grown close to people I've never met just through reading your stories and reading your honest thoughts. When I read about failed cycles, or losses, it affects me in the way it would if I knew you in real life. Which is silly to say because I do know you if only through your words, and this is real life, what we're talking about going through is perhaps more real than what any of our "real life" friends know, the stuff we write about it is as real as it gets.

I'm thinking today of Bon. I've been following her story for some time now. Like us, she has struggled with infertility, and recently, in June, she was matched with a birthmom looking to place her son with her. I've been following her babyshowers, her painting the nursery, her excitement and her fears about adoption. When the labor was announced I thought of her at night just as I would anyone else I knew, as I would think of a friend. Just now, I saw her posts related to the adoption have all been deleted and her latest post though vague indicates something bad has happened.

I don't know what that something is, but my heart just breaks for her. If you get a chance please stop by and give her a virtual hug.

2 comments:

  1. that is such a bummer, i have had similar experiences with my blog people who have suffered losses, you being one of them, i sure am happy that you are where you are right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw this post on Bon's page about an hour ago, and my heart sunk. Literally felt sick to my stomach.

    Like you, I've been following her journey for quite some time.

    God, I hope she's ok. =(

    (and I need to catch up on my comments for your blog! You've had a lot going on!)

    ReplyDelete