Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Lovey-Dovey-Love-no-ox

It's my fault. I pulled the equivalent of wearing white undies and wishing AF wouldn't come. I said, lovenox is not bruising me at all! In fact, I was so unbruised, I began worrying if the injections were even working. I take my shots in the kitchen so I can toss the needle in the trash right away and I generally don't examine my stomach in any major detail. Sure, when I glanced down, I saw some black bruising, but it didn't look that bad. Just now I pressed a hand to my lower belly and felt like instead of the usual pudge that sunflower has managed to lift up, that there was actually a bit of pregnant belly showing! Eager to observe I lifted my shirt and examined my stomach in the mirror and felt promptly horrified. I look like an abuse victim. I'm told to alternate my shots so it looks like two large bruised circles on either side of my stomach.

It's no big deal, I'll do what it takes to bake my baby, and I'll take what comes with it bruises and all, but two thoughts come to mind (1) No bare belly bump pics for me [though perhaps belly pics are smart for moments 13 years from now when I try to guilt trip sunflower with look at my belly! Look at what I do for you! (2) I really wish I could inject below the belly button because these two bruised looking eyes to either side of my stomach seem to merit an expression of sorts.

Lovenox ladies, what do you do when the belly gets too big to stab yourself easily on the right and left?

5 comments:

  1. Ah, the lovenox bruising, how I miss looking like a domestic violence victim...or not. I moved to my outer thigh when my belly was too bruised. Hope you heal soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should still take the pics...yes, you can use them to show Sunflower some day, but if you have a good picture editing program, you can easily "airbrush" that stuff out! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep moving farther and farther to the side. It seems to hurt less, too! Although, it's getting so that I have to actually lie on my side to get the right angle, so DH gives them to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No advice on the lovenox... sorry you have to go through that. I've heard it really sucks. :P

    If it makes you feel better, though, I think I only have one or two "naked" belly pics from my pregnancy with Bean. I know there's more impact when you lift your shirt to take the picture, but I much preferred to just wear a shirt that would show off my belly and take the shot fully covered. You can still have pics to hold over sunflower when s/he gets older! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry you're bruising, i got one bad one when i was doing my fertility meds.

    ReplyDelete