Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Maternity clothes and belly shots

My pregnancy clothing from last time around aren't fitting me and I was resisting buying new ones since its for such a short period of time why not just wear skirts, tights, and make do?

Yeah, that's not working out. For one, my son likes to yank my skirts down. We've had a few almost mortifying moments at the mall and during storytime. He did not succeed. But, almost.

So I finally bought some. They're loose at the moment, the pants anyways, but I'm thinking I'll expand into them? I'm only 15 weeks along but I am currently the size I was at six months with W. Here's a belly shot. My first ever with any pregnancy:


It's a bit helpful to take a photo as in my head I feel like I look like a tug-boat but the picture doesn't show me quite like I've swallowed a hippo yet. I guess I'm comparing the state of the belly now versus last time and its just gargantuan. Am I the only one who loves a pregnant belly? I don't know if I would have loved it no matter what, or if its because I feel so lucky to be here, but I lost 23 pounds before I got pregnant but its with this belly jutting out and the fat slowly reaccumulating that I feel the most beautiful and happiest to stop and just gape at myself in the mirror.

In actual beautiful news, I told my son, there is a baby in my belly. He walked up, pressed a hand to my stomach, and said "hi baby!" and kissed it. He's a boy of very few words but I'll be damned if he doesn't know the right ones to say and just how to say them.

3 comments:

  1. He's adorable, W, he is.
    The belly looks just like the perfect 15w belly should. No, you're not huge, you look wonderful. I miss my belly. I have the newborn to make up for it, but I do miss it. Cherish it, take photos and videos, it goes by so fast. So very fast especially with a toddler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable! I have pics of Viktor kissing my big fat belly when I was pregnant with Riley.

    ReplyDelete